Saturday, December 28, 2013

2013.

    This Christmas was so different than years past. I did less. Less shopping, less spending, less decorating, less baking, less eating, and less hurrying. But with all that "less" I feel more. I feel more grateful, more rested, more focused, and more reflective. It has left me with a desire to live more simply and be thankful for what I have, because it is more than enough.

    The past twelve months have taught me a lot about myself starting with nursing school. When I started this journey, it seemed like a practical thing to do- go back to school to learn a trade so I can go back to work and start making money again. I was burned out with real estate and wanted something different. I chose nursing because of its stability, not because of my yearning to help others. Being a nurse was never something that I pictured myself as, and certainly never what I wanted to be "when I grew up." Very quickly I learned that this field is where I belong, and that as corny as it sounds, I feel like I found my calling.

   Over the past year, I have had to juggle like never before. I had to dig deep to study, learn nursing skills, and understand pathophysiology that didn't come easily for me.  My family has had to sacrifice a lot for me to be able to do so. I am so thankful for a husband who has supported me and worked hard to allow me to do this. I am beyond humbled for the extended family that has shown their support in so many ways. Without them, this would be an impossible undertaking. I am grateful for the experience and for the way it has changed me and my outlook on life.

   I have watched my boys thrive this year. I am so proud of the young men that they are becoming. They are truly my world and I feel so privileged to be their mother. They make me a better person and they are my "why." I am excited to see where 2014 takes them.

   Even though this year has felt like an uphill battle at times, I look over these pictures and I am reminded of the joy that we have had this year. I can't help but smile to see all these faces that I love and I am grateful to have them in my life. These are some of my favorites from 2013. Be ready for picture overload.






















 
 





















No comments: