Thursday, October 17, 2013

birthdays.

We have had some pretty special birthdays lately. The first was Jeb's 13th. I can not believe I have a teenager now. He is growing into such a great young man and I enjoy him more and more every day. He truly has a servant's heart, always asking what he can do to help. I love that about him.
 
We went to his favorite pizza place for his birthday dinner, decorated a bit around our house, and had his traditionally huge birthday sundae. My favorite part though was when he and I slipped away for a Saturday morning date. We indulged on Nutella hot chocolate and muffins. So good!






 
 
A few weeks later this special lady had her 76th birthday. She has been struggling with her health lately, and that has meant lots of doctor's appointments. It was really nice to slip away for a reason other than to see the doctor. We went to lunch and I loved catching up and soaking her in. It was a great day. Later the boys made her feel super special with a cake and flowers. She means so much to us and we are grateful to have her in our life.  
 
 
 

No comments: