Wednesday, February 19, 2014

sewing lessons.

Tonight I taught the boys to sew a button on a shirt. I completely savored sitting with them, no television or tablets, talking them through the steps.

  We are working on a whole list of life skills. It's the list of weird things that I remember having to do for the first time as an adult, and not being sure what to do. You know what I'm talking about... the first time you had to hem a pair of pants, wrap a gift, use a pay phone, bring a side dish to a party, mop the floor, fill your car with gas, or grocery shop on a budget. Those things.

So now, we can check sewing a button off the list. They really did a great job. I told them when they are away at college, without mom there to do it, they will be happy. I think their future wives will thank me , too. :)

No comments: